Image copyright: Gabrovo municipality
Bulgarian SPPI Network
The Bulgarian SPPI Network is a new established network under the project SPP Regions as a part of EcoEnergy, the existing Municipal Energy Efficient Network. The Network's objective is to build a common culture among its members in the field of sustainable development though innovative sustainable purchasing.
On 23 August 2016 EcoEnergy, in collaboration with Bulgarian SPP Network, has organised a webinar on the topic of energy efficiency. The webinar presented results and future perspectives around energy efficiency in Bulgaria and offered a specific insight into best practices and experiences in sustainable buildings for homeless people.
What have we been up to?
- A kick-off meeting in October 2015
- Face-to-face meetings with experts in tenders
- Set up of two Working groups on the topics of transport and buildings
- Bulgarian SPPI Network organized training activities linked to GreenProcA in December 2015 and April 2016
- In May 2016 the Bulgarian Public Procurement Agency published instructions for green/sustainable criteria in public procurement, which were distributed among Bulgarian SPP Network participants
Name of the network:
Bulgarian SPPI Network - Мрежа за устойчиви обществени поръчки
SPP Regions partners involved:
Municipality of Gabrovo and EcoEnergy
- A webinar on the 19 Sept. 2016 in collaboration with EcoEnergy, Bulgarian Public Procurement Agency and En Effect Consult SLDT on the new regulations and requirement for SPP according to the new Public Procurement Act in Bulgaria
- New working groups and face-to-face meetings
- Three working group meetings planned for 2016
- Engagement with other SPP Regions networks for knowledge sharing
Results so far:
- Development of a survey targeting Bulgarian SPP Network municipalities to detect priorities in green and sustainable procurement
- As a part of the Bulgarian SPP Network, Gabrovo Municipality has published the first green/sustainable public tender
- Gabrovo Municipality and Burgas Municipality have published two public tenders with criteria for CO2 emissions reduction, respectively for the supply of two electric vehicles and of a new electric car