Introducing SPP Regions
SPP Regions is promoting the creation and expansion of 7 European regional networks of municipalities working together on sustainable public procurement (SPP) and public procurement of innovation (PPI).
The regional networks are collaborating directly on tendering for eco-innovative solutions, whilst building capacities and transferring skills and knowledge through their SPP and PPI activities. The tenders within the project will achieve 54.3 GWH/year primary energy savings and trigger 45 GWh/year renewable energy. The focus of these tenders will be on:
- Energy use in public buildings
- Vehicles and transport
- Food and catering services
Outcomes of the project
The project also pursues to strengthen networking and exchange at the European level by redeveloping the PROCURA+ European Sustainable Procurement Network.
Throughout the project, several reports, guidance and other tools for public authorities interested in SPP and PPI will be produced:
- Six reports on existing SPP and PPI networks
- Updated Procura+ Manual, as part of the European Sustainable Procurement Network
- Reports from regional networks on their experiences
- State-of-the-art reports on market engagement, life cycle costing, performance-based specifications and circular procurement
- Three tools for calculating CO2 and energy savings
- 42 eco-innovative case studies
- How to videos
The SPP Regions project will expand its scope to 10 new regions willing to improve their SPP and PPI activities by networking with other regional peers.
SPP Regions is financially supported by the EU’s Horizon 2020 Programme, and co-ordinated by ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability.